Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pet Stain Kit

Pet Stain Kit

Pet owners have a lot of questions about how to handle pet stains and messes.  I am a proud owner of two Australian Cattle Dogs, Rusty "Red Dog" and Kingsley.  They are wonderful and I love them a lot!  However, they do occasionally have accidents and/or get sick.  (Below is Kingsley)


So what do you do when you find a mess on the carpet? 

Many of my customers have purchased a "Bissell" Spot Bot or similar wet vacuum, which they use when their pets have an accident.  I hear mixed reviews- some folks love them, others don't feel they have the power to do much good.  They are also expensive.

Here is a low cost option that does an acceptable job between "Professional" cleanings. (By professional- I mean Red Dog Carpet Cleaning, of coarse, every 6-12 months if possible if you are a pet owner.)

I found the "Bucket Head" at Home Depot for about $21.  You'll also need a bucket, which cost me $3.  So for about $25 I now have a small, easy to use wet vac which I can pull out of the closet and easily suck up pet stains.  It works on other stains too!
There are other options.  A "real" shop vac works even better, but of coarse is more expensive, larger and heavy.  I opted for the bucket head for storage reasons.

Cleaning Procedure:  Pick up any pieces that you can't get up with the wet vacuum. Then use your wet vac on the stain, slowly going back and forth.  Finally, use water or a spotter (The spotter that I give my customers works well) and continue to use the wet vacuum and a white towel.

As long as you get to the stain reasonably quickly after it happened, you should be able to get most of the stain out with this method.

Give me a call with any questions- Thanks!

Go Red...Get Clean!
RED DOG CARPET CLEANING
Carpet, Tile and Grout, Upholstery, Marble and Concrete Cleaning.

Proudly serving Lincoln, Omaha, and Eastern Nebraska
An IICRC Certified Firm

Jeremy Warner- Owner and Operator

Phone: 402-480-1411
Web: reddogcarpetcleaning.com
Email: info@reddogcarpetcleaning.com

7 comments:

  1. I agree with this information. I also work with a carpet cleaning company in UK. When I bought Carpet Steam Cleaning Franchise, in my training period they taught us not to do these type of things because these tricks are harmful for the reputation of our company and business...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the cleaning procedure how to do carpet cleaning on easy way I like it so much but I like also the blog of carpet cleaning Deltona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally, and I'm shocked why this accident didn't happened earlier! I bookmarked it. I wonder whats the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this

    type of informative websites in top of the list.
    Red Dog Carpet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately, there are solutions for treating pet stains such as urine, odor and to some extent feces. Otherwise, its like having a skunk odor clinging on your carpet.

    carpet cleaning in markham

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great article this give me more insight into cleaning, your article has great insight these hint will really help my business

    Our company does Bond Cleaning Brisbane which includes Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, this blog is really amazing and provide me answers to all my questions. i got full knowledge about carpet cleaning Birmingham.This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have a high traffic area, then nylon would be an ideal choice
    due to the durability.

    Carpet Protection Film

    ReplyDelete